Transaction Matching

I am a bit confused: when opening a fund, it shows under ‘transaction matching’ that there is nothing left to match.
When I open Transaction List, it shows 6 items to be matched. This is NOT a ‘refresh’ error.
How comes? Should I always check both…?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Edward

You shouldn’t need to check both. In my experience, all unmatched transactions should appear on the Transaction Matching Screen.

Things to look for on Transaction Matching screen:

• There are two categories - Suggested and Unmatched: you will need to selected unmatched as it often first defaults to the Suggested category

• Secondly, the dates: you may be all matched for the current financial year but have unmatched transactions in the next financial year. You will need to change the transaction dates on the Transaction Matching screen to access any unmatched transactions in the next financial year

• Third thing to note - if there are unmatched transactions showing for your fund on the home screen, by clicking on the words “Unmatched Transactions” it will automatically take you to the Transaction Matching screen and show those unmatched transaction in whatever period they are in.

Hope this helps!!

1 Like

Thanks Alison. I checked as per your suggestions, but none of them apply. I suspect a software glitch. I looked a bit further: they are all interest payments from the same bank savings accounts in the 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2018FY, whilst the 1st and 4th quarter are correctly matched. They are on ‘auto match’, so it looks like something isn’t quite right with the system.
Perhaps lodge a support call.

Kind regards and thanks again for assisting.

Edward

1 Like

What year are you in?
If you are in 2018 the system may have transactions for the following year which have feed through and waiting to be matched.
Adjusted the transaction dates and something might come up there.

1 Like

Thanks, Lisa. See my reply to Alison. I checked all that: both are 2018FY. The unmatched transactions in the transaction listing are Q2 and Q3 of 2018FY, as is the Transaction matching screen.
Q1 and Q4 auto-matched for these transactions (interest on term deposits), so there is something strange going on.

Kind regards

Edward