Salutations - Formal, Informal and Casual

We would love to go automatic with our CAS360 but can’t get the salutations we want. In addition to individual names, we use three styles of salutation: 1) FORMAL - Mr N E & Mrs O F Citizen; 2) INFORMAL - Mr & Mrs Citizen; and 3) CASUAL - Norm & Olga. These three need to be available in all templates (documents, emails and texts). If we could input when we set up a new entity (in the same area where we select contacts (signing contact; billing contact, etc) this would be so useful. We could then just adjust the various templates instead of having to edit each document individually before we send the item to the client. It makes the communication we have with our clients much more personal and is especially important when we have entities with individuals that are not married e.g. brother and sister, mother and son, friends, etc. Does anyone else have this issue? Can anyone suggest any work arounds?

2 Likes

I agree that a field for Salutation would be extremely helpful! Maybe it needs to be attached to the Contact rather than the Company.

I also manually edit my salutations before sending the email because we have many clients who prefer to be called something different. For example, Thomas is known as Tom. Or Benjamin John prefers to be called by his second name, John. I keep an Excel list of these, I’m slowly adding them to the Notes in CAS360, but still find myself referring back to my Excel list because you can’t see the Notes when you are on the Email screen!

While we are on the subject of Contacts and Salutations, the other frustration I have is that when you add Contacts to the General Tab (ie Billing Contact, Signing Contact etc), these all fill into the TO box on emails so we then have to move them down to the CC box. It would be great if you could nominate next to the Contact whether they should be a CC.

And when you use DocuSign, these Contacts don’t apply at all so it’s necessary to manually check which Contacts to add to the CC field.

Sorry for hijacking the original post… but it’s all kind of relating to the same issue! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s add to this the need to have consistency between the various areas of adding a contact, (add individual in Contacts screen, adding individual in Officers screen, etc.), as well as the need to be able to add/edit the Salutation/Title for individuals when editing a contact’s details.

There have been a number of occasions where I’ve found out that a contact was a Dr. after they’ve been entered and there’s no way to edit this after the fact.

This whole thread is excellent and full of awesome ideas - here’s hoping they’re implemented soon!

2 Likes

I just read the Quarterly Update Report and discovered one of the things I mentioned has already been implemented! :slight_smile:

When you have a company billing contact you can now have this contact automatically cc’d
in the Digital Signing Annual Review email.
To turn this option on go to Settings -> Email Options

2 Likes