Member Account Chronology

In BGL360, is there any way of

• delving into the preservation history of a Member’s account? (I can recall running GL reports based on the Chart of Accounts in the Desktop version, but am unsure how to extract these from BGL360)?

• getting a history of each year’s Member transactions in Chronological order within a defined time period- which may extend for >12months …something like what is produced for the Actuary (which may also possibly reflect preserved/UNP components)?

• a way to search when a Member had declared Retirement?
    Thanks

Hi Rosalie,
Thank you for your post on the community!

In regards to your following queries I will try to answer these as best as I can;
"Delving into the preservation history of a Member’s account? (I can recall running GL reports based on the Chart of Accounts in the Desktop version, but am unsure how to extract these from BGL360)?"
There’s, unfortunately, no report that gives you an exact breakdown throughout the history of the members. I would recommend using the member statements to get a breakdown year on year.

" Getting a history of each year’s Member transactions in Chronological order within a defined time period- which may extend for >12months …something like what is produced for the Actuary (which may also possibly reflect preserved/UNP components)?"

I don’t see a way we can generate a report for the above, but to break it down you could use either the general ledger and specify the accounts you would like to view so you can specify each member.

Again with the member component breakdown, I would suggest referring to the member statements again to get the breakdown of the members preservation components.

a way to search when a Member had declared Retirement?

This can be reviewed from the member list;
If the member had a TRIS you can refer to the TRIS conversion history to see when the member met the condition of release, otherwise, you can go by when the member started their original pension, which can be again reviewed for the member list screen.

I do believe you have raised some good queries as users should have an easier job being able to track the following. I have passed this information onto our product team as feedback so we can look to introduce some type of reports if possible on doing the above as you’ve mentioned,

I hope this answers and assists you with your queries

1 Like

Thanks Aleksandar,
Unfortunately the Member Statement doesn’t provide a chronology of what occurred within the Member Account (it aggregates the amounts per transaction type);
I have tried to piece together the chronology from the GL - it is very time consuming and messy…& not a good impression to leave on a client when you’re attempting to gather info whilst they’re in the office with you. My problem stems from the initial creation of a Pension in the Desktop version, where an accumulation account was converted to a pension account - rather than a new account being created with the correct balance for the start of the Pension… It shows the purchase price of the pension on the Centrelink DV Schedule as the initial accumulation balance - not the total of the start of the pension which included funds from another member account at a slightly later date than when the Accumulation account was created. Being able to provide a chronological history of the transactions & balance would have been an easy way to check what the Pension Start Balance should be reported as, & I could easily report on the commutations history (if there were earlier commutations) from this kind of summary ;
I thought the member list shows the date the pension started - not their retirement date…

The “chronology of transactions” exists in BGL - because I’ve seen it when we are providing the info for the Actuary (it’s where the program tells you there’s an error when the Member’s Account dips below zero due to a processing mistake!)…can this section of programming be used in the Reports generation option of Member reports?