Changing Company names to all capitals

Is there a way to change company names to all caps? I have tried a Form 205 but it rejects it as the name technically already exists. I also just changed it in CAS360 as an edit, but when you do a data download it reverts back to lowercase? Does anyone have the answer? Or can it even be done? Thanks, N

I have no evidence to provide to support this view, but I don’t think it matters how your choose to format the name. I think the data download format (upper or lowercase) may be dependent on what you’ve selected within CAS360. If you want to be 100% sure, call ASIC or send them an online enquiry.

2 Likes

Companies and data on the ASIC database will only ever be captured in UPPER CASE.

CAS provides the option for documents to hold data in Title Case, however it shouldn’t default the output of data to Title / lower case if you’ve edited the name / entry in CAS.

Anne is also replying now and may have further insight.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean here Laneth? When I made the change as an ‘edit’ in cas, (which of course then showed the company as all caps) but then a data downlaod reverted the text to lowercase. Where is the default?

Thanks Anne, My director wants the sent out docs to reflect the exact match to ASIC database. I’m finding the solution to be quite complex!

Hi @Nelements

@Laneth is correct when he said that ASIC store all Company register data in Uppercase.

In CAS360 we let users control how the data in input and how it looks on documents by allowing upper and lower case data input.

When CAS360 transmits the data to ASIC it is always sent in Uppercase

When importing the data from ASIC you can choose the case in which you want the data imported into CAS360 - please see image attached

If you would like all data it appear in uppercase - it might be best to import the company data in upper case.

Hope this helps

Warren

2 Likes

I had literally typed exactly that, with the same screenshot, but you beat me to it @WarrenRenden - thanks!

2 Likes

@Laneth thanks Laneth!

For all CAS360 clients just a FYI - if you want all your data to appear in upper case or in title case we can change this for you across the whole application. Just send me an email (wrenden@bglcorp.com.au) and we can do this

Warren

1 Like

@WarrenRenden thank you! I am having wins today. Email sent.

1 Like

Thanks @WarrenRenden, I had no idea that was an option - for firms that have a particular style sheet for such things, that would be SO handy!

@Nelements, also be aware there is nothing to stop you manually editing the format of the data after you import the download. You should only import when you initially add the company to CAS360, otherwise you will lose all the historical information.

1 Like

I didn’t know you lost historical data. Thanks for letting me know. I have emailed Warren to have all my companies changed so I don’t have to go one by one!

1 Like